You, being an unskilled teacher, must start with simple technology, gradually. You have to adopt the ‘KISS’ principle, i.e. ‘Keep it easier, stupid.’ Stay away from the ‘complicated teaching aids’ the more complex technology represents.
That stated, you should understand that no type of technologies are the ‘be all and finish all’ for any teacher. An instructor must be flexible and gain experience of any type of technology to include interest and real existence data in addition to efficiency for their teaching.
Some teachers result in the mistake of believing that technology replaces the standard chalk/white-colored board. No technology can replace them totally since they’re fast and simple to make use of and could be extremely effective at the disposal of a skilled teacher.
While you start your career, only use one type of technology at any given time, in addition to the chalk or white-colored boards. Plan carefully what you ought to do. Practice in advance. Make certain you’ve all of the parts you have to result in the technology work, e.g. a handheld remote control. Make sure that it really works and also the batteries are fresh.
Here exist several guidelines to understand before beginning to make use of any kind of technology inside your classroom.
1. Always test out your equipment/technology first to make sure that it really works.
2. Practice its use prior to the lesson.
3. Remember: You have to still perform the teaching. Technology doesn’t teach. It really assists the entire process of teaching/learning.
4. Make certain a lot of students gain equal use of whatever technology you utilize.
5. Make sure that a lot of students who want to use we’ve got the technology may use it effectively so that as efficiently as you possibly can.
6. If you are using technology like a medium inside your assessment, make certain the success within the task isn’t determined by the students’ knowledge of while using technology.
7. Prior to using any technology in your assessment task, make certain a lot of students have practiced and perfected the technological skills they have to flourish in the job, simply because they be aware of appropriate learning work.
8. Develop an knowledge of using all available technology inside your classroom. This gives you possibilities to utilize a greater number of teaching strategies/pedagogues.
9. Always plan a back-up strategy when the technology fails, i.e. Have spare devices or perhaps an alternative teaching strategy.
10. In which you have competent students with technology skills, rely on them to help you as demonstrators or as mentors for his or her fellow students.
11. When trying to acquire new technology, make sure to investigate real cost such as the ‘behind the scenes’ costs for example servicing, along with the advantages to your students. Think about this: “Will it provide a better teaching result compared to other already available strategies and old technology?” before you decide to spend the cash.
One further point:
Recall the technology canrrrt do your teaching for you personally. Within the finish, we’ve got the technology, despite the effective interactive computer software available these days, will require your input somewhere so that it is truly effective for the students.
Comments are closed.